Monday 28 September 2009

Pre-race hypochondria part 2.

Well, it looks like I might have dodged a bullet there: the cold that was threatening to move into my lungs and take up residence for a month has left and the nasty attack of gutrot that I also managed to pick up at the weekend has also gone. Hopefully that's all my illness over the weekend before the Barcelona race.

Of course, the (almost completely gone) cold etc. also gives me even less incentive to train during the taper period, which is now resembling a complete collapse rather than a proper taper. Proper tapers have carefully designed reductions in volume and increases in intensity to leave the athlete feeling as though they are a finely tuned weapon, ready to be unleashed on their hapless competitors. I just feel fat. Still, better overweight and undertrained than underweight and overtrained, to quote Bruce Fordyce.

No comments:

Post a Comment