Friday 16 October 2009

Back in business

Well, time to get training post-Barcelona. Of course, being me, I have picked up a running injury - achilles tendonosis ("an injury typical of the older athlete") in my left leg. I went to the physio today and he agreed with me that it wasn't too serious and was mostly caused by my ridiculously tight left calf. Following this diagnosis he proceeded to beat the **** out of said calf, all the while cheerfully telling me jokes while I writhed in agony. Second most painful physio session I've had, beaten only by the chronic muscle tear 3 weeks before Comrades that had to have the scar tissue broken up. Hopefully I'll be back running in a week or two.

In the meantime I've been getting ahead of The Plan - originally I was going to take two weeks completely off after Barcelona, but I've been getting on the bike trainer and doing some hard sessions already: I feel fine and it's actually really nice to feel tired again. Swimming tomorrow morning and then another trainer session on Sunday. I'd like to actually go for a ride but what with family stuff and so on there isn't really time so that'll have to wait. As the nights draw in and the weather gets worse I suspect I'll be spending a lot of time on the trainer, which is not a bad thing so long as I get out on the TT bike once a week for some aerobar action.

No comments:

Post a Comment