Thursday 15 October 2009

Getting it wrong

One moment I forgot from the previous post. There I was on the run in Calella, about halfway round and starting to pick up speed again after the little wobble at the start of lap two. I pull into an aid station and get a cup of gatorade, drink it and grab a cup of water. It's hot and I'm feeling pretty yucky with salt all over my face. I decide that the water's not going over my head, it's going over my face. I take my sunnies off with one hand and chuck a cup full of liquid full in my face with the other. Quite a bit goes up my nose and as it starts fizzing in my nostrils I realise that it is, of course, not water but coke, and that it's now up my nose, in my eyes, all over my face and running down my front.

Typical. The only time in my life I put coke up my nose and I can't even get that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment